• Appellation: IGP Saint-Guilhem-le-désert
• Grape: Carignan
• Age of vines: over 70 years
• Area: two land parcels of approx 2 and 1.5 acres
• Yield: 19 hl/ha
• Exposure and geographic situation: Facing due south on gentle hillsides, the vines grow on the plain between Mount Baudille and the Mediterranean. More precisely, in the communes of Montpeyroux and Lagamas (Hérault).
• Harvesting: by family, manually.
• Vinification: Traditional vinification. Destemmed, drained & circulated in early weeks, followed by light foot pressing, hand pressure (in our grandfather’s old wooden press), matured in vats (30%) and oak barrels (70%).
• Tasting: Deep dark red, intense aromas of liquorice and black currants, enhanced by hints of undergrowth and wild garrigue herbs.
We advise: decant before serving .